Open Source AddOn for deduplication, data modelling and advanced HTML reporting
In one of the Sparx sites I am supporting an urgent need existed for deduplicating elements in a large EA repository. In the previous period a large number of Architects worked in the repository and there was no procedure for preventing duplicates. To improve the content of the repository the fist step is to deduplicate content based on scripts.
For more articles on the functionalities please take a look at the AddOn Overview Page
Installation is relatively easy with the following steps:
- Download the setup file and run the setup as administrator (right click on the file and select run as asministrator
- When the installation does not work please register the DLL which is stored in dll.zip based on the steps described on the sparx website http://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/9.3/automation/deployingaddins.html Please note that you should run the regasm step in the directory of the actively installed DotNet version (last version folder with regasm available as an executable.
- Import the duplicatiereport.XML file in the resource as a user report template (including the report fragment). Use The transfer -> Import Reference Data function in EA
- When you want to generate HTML reports with this DLL please extract the and adapt the template to your own company brand style, a sample is included in htmltemplate.zip in the installation zip
- When you want the tool to generate PDF files within the HTML generator please extend the resources in EA with extra rtf templates as configured in the htmlgenerator.xml report definitions (please import these in the resources module in EA, use The transfer -> Import Reference Data function in EA)
Usage of this extension for deduplication has the following logical steps:
- Select in the project browser the package (and eventually subpackages) you want to deduplicate
- Right click the package and select extensions -> TenneT Browser Helper
- Validate your pacakges, this means that you get an overview of which elements in the repository are considered as duplicate (screen 1)
- Evaluate the results in your report or screen (screen 2)
- When you want you can check the content of this list and modify elements when you want
- Go to the duplicate tab (screen 2) and configure which child entities you want to merge and select in the right hand box the required functionalities
- Press the Deduplicate button and the merge is performed.
- Go to the deduplicate folder and see which elements are merged to an original and are available for delete or archive
- Delete or archive the (empty) duplicate elements
Usage of the HTML publication has the following logical steps
- Select in the project browser the package (and eventually subpackages) you want to publish
- Configure the HTML generator for the
- HTML file location
- HTML template
- Report name within the EA document generator
- Coverpage name within the EA document generator
- Generate the HTML site and use the result in your browser.
This AddOn is developed by Eaxpertise for the IDEA community in the Netherlands. The source code can be downloaded here. The AddOn is available under the EUPL license
For support and adapations of the AddOn you can contact the participants in EAxpertise. However when you want to extend the product by yourselve please feel free to do so. You can find the Visual Studio project here. Sharing your adaptations in this AddOn is stimulated and will be published in the eaxpertise website.